Monday, May 24, 2010

Okay, so I lied...

I did not get pictures and a post about the Lysts of Castleton up in a timely manner. In fact, I'm still not really posting about Lysts. Turns out every time I try to edit the pictures, it reminds me of how upset I was that I was not able to participate in the first Lysts held since I finally got my own horse. I get all cranky and frustrated and end up doing something else just to escape all the negative emotions thinking about Lysts generates. So who knows if I'll ever get the pictures edited or a post made. I'm writing this post to basically give myself permission to move on and write posts about all the flower pictures I've been taking, the new hens I bought and all the other more positive stuff going on in my life.

Unfortunately, there is some negative stuff remaining in that I am still in pain from my broken tailbone and dislocated ribs. I can't even sit on a nice squishy chair without pain, so I definitely can't sit in a saddle. SIGH... The chiropractor says that it isn't unusual for a tailbone to take so long to heal. Since you can't immobilize it and it's in a part of your body that you really can't avoid using, it can take a really long time to heal. Dr P also noticed that I was still favoring my right leg even though it quit hurting a while back. He told me to be aware of it and to try to take more even strides and it would help with both my tailbone and my rib pain. I'm not sure why my ribs are still bothering me. Maybe because I keep doing things to aggravate them like trimming and hauling large tree branches and mucking out the stable. But these things need to be done. Oh well...

I'll start posting more upbeat stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment