Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Farewell to the Big Bad Betta

Sadly, my betta fish affectionately known as the Big Bad Betta passed away on Sunday. He had graced my home for a little over 2 1/2 years. I enjoyed watching him swim around his bowl which was placed on the side table next to the couch. There is an empty spot there now, and when I automatically look to see him and he isn't there, I am saddened. However, 2 1/2 years is a fairly long time for a betta fish to live, so I suppose I should be grateful that he was with me as long as he was. I hope he enjoyed watching TV with me and reading books over my shoulder. And I hope he is now enjoying the afterlife in fishy heaven.

(Yes, I know that he was just a fish, but I get attached to all of my pets.)

So... Farewell Big Bad Betta. Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying terrorizing the ghosts of mosquito nymphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment